Consumer information processing particularly in relation to branding (brand transgressions, brand relationships, and brand loyalty) and financial decision-making (money, saving, gambling)
Download CV here
Professor of Marketing and
* denotes equal contribution
Total Citation Count (Google Scholar, accessed on August 12, 2019): 58, h-index = 4
1. Khamitov, Mansur, Xin (Shane) Wang, and Matthew Thomson (2019), “How Well Do Consumer-Brand Relationships Drive Customer Brand Loyalty? Generalizations from a Meta-Analysis of Brand Relationship Elasticities”, Journal of Consumer Research, forthcoming.
2. Khamitov, Mansur, Yany Grégoire, and Anshu Suri (2019), "A Systematic Review of Brand Transgression, Service Failure-Recovery and Product-Harm Crisis: Integration and Guiding Insights", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, forthcoming.
3. Duclos, Rod and Mansur Khamitov (2019), “Compared to Dematerialized Money, Cash Increases Impatience in Intertemporal Choice”, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 29 (3), 445-54.
4. Rotman, Jeff*, Mansur Khamitov*, and Scott Connors* (2018), “Lie, Cheat, and Steal: How Harmful Brands Motivate Consumers to Act Unethically,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 28 (2), 353-61.
Recognized as JCP’s top 20 most downloaded paper among articles published July 2016-June 2018
5. Connors, Scott*, Mansur Khamitov*, Sarah Moroz*, Lorne Campbell*, and Claire Henderson (2016), “Time, Money, and Happiness: Does Putting a Price on Time Affect Our Ability to Smell the Roses?” Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 67, 60-64.
6. Khamitov, Mansur*, Jeff Rotman*, and Jared Piazza (2016), “Perceiving the Agency of Harmful Agents: A test of Dehumanization versus Moral Typecasting Accounts,” Cognition, 146, 33-47.
Goode, Miranda*, Mansur Khamitov*, and Matthew Thomson* (2015), “Dyads, Triads and Consumer Treachery: When Interpersonal Connections Guard Against Brand Cheating,” in Handbook of Strong Brands, Strong Relationships, ed. Susan Fournier, Michael Breazeale, and Jill Avery, London: Routledge/Taylor & Francis, 216-32.
Manuscripts Under Review
“Brand Sabotage” with Andrea Kähr, Bettina Nyffenegger, Harley Krohmer, and WayneD. Hoyer, revising for invited 2nd review at Journal of Marketing.
"Brand Relationships and Construal Level" with Scott Connors, Matthew Thomson, and Andrew Perkins, revising for invited 2nd review at Journal of Marketing.